Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Philadelphia Eats



I'm back after an extraordinary Super Bowl with some other regional eats. This week's theme is Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love.



First up, what do you think of when you hear Philadelphia? Philly Cheesesteaks, of course! Thanks to the mighty Super Carrot, I was able to replicate this tasty delicacy.


The next thing I made was scrapple. According to Wikipedia, scrapple "is a savory mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour. The mush is formed into a loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then fried before serving." Appetizing, no? But I was intrigued. Luckily, Bryanna Clark Grogan has a recipe. Here was the end result:

Both were quite delicious. I have my eye set on Boston next week. Stay tuned for baked beans, brown bread, n' blueberry flapjacks next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment